• 1879 – Women's rights: American President Rutherford B. Hayes signs a bill allowing female attorneys to argue cases before the Supreme Court of the United States.
• 1898 – The battleship USS Maine explodes and sinks in Havana harbor in Cuba, killing 274. This event leads the United States to declare war on Spain.
• 1925 – 1925 serum run to Nome: the serum arrives in Nome, Alaska, with Balto being the lead dog of the last team.
• 1933 – In Miami, Florida, Giuseppe Zangara attempts to assassinate President-elect Franklin D. Roosevelt, but instead shoots Chicago mayor Anton J. Cermak, who dies of his wounds on March 6, 1933.
• 1946 – ENIAC, the first electronic general-purpose computer, is formally dedicated at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia.
• 1965 – A new red-and-white maple leaf design is adopted as the flag of Canada, replacing the old Canadian Red Ensign banner.
Now, let's dive into today's Headlines Du Jour:
Issa Completely and Totally
Lied About the IRS Scandal
Study finds genes on X chromosome linked to
Fox News Isn't Comfortable
With These New Facebook
How Belief In Hell
Directly Benefits The Elite
WATCH: Tenn. pastor of Happy
Valley Church of Jesus Christ
rails against biracial babies
New Study: Internet Trolls Are
Often Machiavellian Sadists
◄ ◄ My own Machiavellian sadistic internet trolls ►►
The Mark Koldys-Johnny Dollar Cyber-Bully Comments of the Day
Republican Says Rich
People Should Get More
Votes Than Everyone Else
THE "O" IN GOP STANDS FOR OLD:
Tea Party Senators Introduce ‘You’re Not Married Anymore’ Bill To Nullify Same-Sex Marriages
Ted Cruz’s ‘Heart Weeps’ Over Gay Marriage Progress
Missouri lawmaker introduces bill allowing
familes [sic] to 'opt out' of learning evolution
THE "O" IN GOP STANDS FOR OBSFUCATE:
GOP Congressman Gets Fact Checked By His
Own Constituents On Obamacare: ‘Stop Lying!’
Black record label brought the
Beatles to America, not Ed Sullivan
FREE THE WEED!!!
Why the U.S. is going to pot,
and other liberal adventures
FOX "NEWS" IN THE NEWS AGAIN:
Fox Host Todd Starnes Blasts Hospital for Banning Fox News in Waiting Rooms
THE FALAFEL KING IN THE NEWS AGAIN:
Radio, cable guys not as popular as they claim
VIDEO DU JOUR:
Headlines Du Jour is a leisure-time activity of Not Now Silly, home of the Steam-Powered Word-0-Matic, and your rest stop on the Information Highway. Use our valuable bandwidth to post your news comments in today's open thread.