• 1582 – Pope Gregory XIII announces the Gregorian calendar.Let's get right to today's Headlines Du Jour:
• 1809 – London's Drury Lane Theatre burns to the ground, leaving owner Richard Brinsley Sheridan destitute.
• 1822 – The 1st Swaminarayan temple in the world, Shri Swaminarayan Mandir, Ahmedabad, is inaugurated.
• 1831 – The Treaty of Dancing Rabbit Creek, the first removal treaty in accordance with the Indian Removal Act, is proclaimed. The Choctaws in Mississippi cede land east of the river in exchange for payment and land in the West.
• 1863 – Arizona is organized as a United States territory.
• 1868 – Andrew Johnson becomes the first President of the United States to be impeached by the United States House of Representatives. He is later acquitted in the Senate.
• 1920 – The Nazi Party is founded.
• 2008 – Fidel Castro retires as the President of Cuba after nearly fifty years.
GUNS, GUNS, GUNS:
himself dead during gun sale
Tea Party-Type Militia Terrorists
Used Facebook To Plot Attack
Against The United States
Cyber bullies face the threat of fines and jail time under new legislation
My very own personal Cyber-Bullies:
The Mark Koldys-Johnny Dollar Cyber-Bully Comments of the Day
Anatomy of a Cyber-Feud
If Republicans Don’t Want to
be Compared to Nazis, They
Should Stop Acting Like Nazis
SO GLAD WE'RE LIVING IN A POST-RACIAL SOCIETY:
These Racist Tweets
About Subban Prove
Canada's Not so Tolerant
New Jersey man escapes 5
year sentence after dash cam
footage clears him, indicts cops
Minnesota nursing home defends rapist: 89-year-old victim was a ‘flirt’
Court Rules Off-The-Grid Living Is Illegal
Update: Detroit Police
Chief 'Not Backing Off'
Amid Death Threat
Sugrue: Trickle-down urbanism won't work in Detroit
David Gregory Tarnishes Meet The Press by Creating a Fake Obama Leadership Crisis
FOX "NEWS" IN THE NEWS AGAIN:
Murdoch, Fox and Limbaugh:
Closing the conservative mind
Sean Hannity fundraises
for tea party: Surprise?
◄ ◄ From the Wayback Machine ► ►
Hannity's Charity Under Fire
ELISABETH HASSELBECK IN THE NEWS AGAIN:
I don’t hate Obama
Scott Walker Falls Apart When Asked About Incriminating Emails On Fox News
TODAY IN EDUCATION:
VIDEO DU JOUR:
Headlines Du Jour is a leisure-time activity of Not Now Silly, home of the Steam-Powered Word-0-Matic, and your rest stop on the Information Highway. Use our valuable bandwidth to post your news comments in today's open thread.