• 1836 – Samuel Colt is granted a United States patent for the Colt revolver.Let's get right to today's Headlines Du Jour:
• 1870 – Hiram Rhodes Revels, a Republican from Mississippi, is sworn into the United States Senate, becoming the first African American ever to sit in the U.S. Congress.
• 1928 – Charles Jenkins Laboratories of Washington, D.C. becomes the first holder of a television license from the Federal Radio Commission.
• 1932 – Adolf Hitler obtains German citizenship by naturalization, which allows him to run in the 1932 election for Reichspräsident.
• 1968 – Vietnam War: 135 unarmed citizens of Hà My village in South Vietnam's Quảng Nam Province are killed and buried en masse by South Korean troops in what would come to be known as the Hà My massacre.
• 1986 – People Power Revolution: President of the Philippines Ferdinand Marcos flees the nation after 20 years of rule; Corazon Aquino becomes the Philippines' first woman president.
Uganda Tabloid Prints List
of 'Top' Homosexuals
Arizona GOP State Senator Regrets Voting For Anti-Gay
SB 1062: 'I Screwed Up'
Ariz. business leaders call
for veto of anti-gay
religious freedom bill
Sens. McCain and Flake
Call on AZ Governor to
Veto ‘Anti-LGBT’ Bill
Watch: CNN Anchor Explains To Anti-Gay Group
That Same-Sex Marriage Is Not A KKK Rally
Georgia Wants to Allow Businesses to Kick Gay People Out of Diners
Horrifically anti-gay Regnerus study
conceived at top GOP think tank Heritage
Virginia Lawmaker Calls Pregnant Women "Hosts"
TODAY IN RELIGION:
Former Bush Strategist: Anti-LGBT Law Uses Christianity Like Muslim Terrorists Use Islam
The Religious Right
To Dodge the Law
|On this date in 1836, Samuel Colt is granted |
a United States patent for the Colt revolver.
GUNS, GUNS, GUNS:
Judge orders guns returned to blind FL man who ‘stood his ground’ against drinking buddy
Demonstrating Gun Safety, Oakland Man Shoots Himself
In The Head And Dies
Ole Miss Fraternity Suspended
After Hanging A Noose On
Statue Of Civil Rights Hero
White Grandfather Cuffed For
Walking With Black Granddaughter
Is Black History Month still needed?
FREE THE WEED!!!
Colorado Governor Set To Release
Those Convicted On Marijuana
Related Charges, Expunge Records
Detroit’s New LED Freeway Lights Off At Night, On During The Day
Rob Ford runs groin-first into fire hydrant while celebrating Canada’s gold medal in hockey
Rob Ford threatens to
walk out of scrum
Mayor struggles to explain
position on transit revenue tools
|The Falafel King showing absolutely no self-awareness whatsoever.|
LOOFAH LAD'S FANS IN THE NEWS AGAIN:
Freshman's idol reads his
fan letter on national TV
LOOFAH LAD'S GUESTS IN THE NEWS AGAIN:
Ten Of The Most Ludicrous
Fox News Guests
IN INNER SPACE:
The oldest gem
IN OUTER SPACE:
Biggest meteor ever recorded hits Moon (VIDEO)
VIDEO DU JOUR:
Headlines Du Jour is a leisure-time activity of Not Now Silly, home of the Steam-Powered Word-0-Matic, and your rest stop on the Information Highway. Use our valuable bandwidth to post your news comments in today's open thread.