|Not Tennessee Ernie Ford|
On this date:
• 1633 – Galileo Galilei arrives in Rome for his trial before the Inquisition.Let's get right to today's Headlines Du Jour:
• 1880 – Thomas Edison observes the Edison effect.
• 1881 – The feminist newspaper La Citoyenne is first published in Paris by the activist Hubertine Auclert.
• 1914 – Copyright: In New York City the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers is established to protect the copyrighted musical compositions of its members.
• 1920 – The Negro National League is formed.
• 1960 – Black college students stage the first of the Nashville sit-ins at three lunch counters in Nashville, Tennessee.
IN LGBT NEWS:
bill allowing service
refusal to gay couples
Idaho bill would allow
doctors or cops to refuse
service to LGBT people
on religious grounds
Nigerian gay people being hunted down
Dallas sportscaster’s shocking response to Michael Sam coming out as gay
Don Lemon Proves People Are ‘Really Sensitive’ About Race with One Epic CNN Shout-Fest
7 Things Your Colorblind
Racist Friend Might Say to
You and How to Respond
BOYCOTT THE SOCHI OLYMPICS!!!
Russian govt defends anti-gay neo-Nazis, says kidnappings never happened
Wanted: Medical marijuana critics to write for
Motor City Muckraker
Congress Calls On President Obama To Use His Authority
To Reclassify Marijuana
A Montana School Just Fired a
Teacher for Getting Pregnant.
That Actually Happens All the Time.
Georgia Rep. Paul Broun Supports the Bible, Not the Constitution
CHRIS CHRISTIE CORNER:
Chris Christie said with a straight
face: George W. Bush was our
last successful politician
ANOTHER DISPATCH FROM DETROIT, 'MERKA'S FIRST THROWAWAY CITY:
Burst Mains Continue Flooding Detroit Streets And Basements
Watch Fox News Throw A Hissy
Fit Over ‘The Lego Movie’
How A Man Accused Of Threatening His Wife
With A Gun Became A
Conservative Media Hero
In the "RoboCop" Reboot, Samuel L. Jackson Is
Basically Bill O'Reilly
IN OUTER SPACE:
Teamwork! Two Telescopes Combine Forces To Spot
Distant Galaxy Clusters
VIDEO DU JOUR:
Headlines Du Jour is a leisure-time activity of Not Now Silly, home of the Steam-Powered Word-0-Matic, and your rest stop on the Information Highway. Use our valuable bandwidth to post your news comments in today's open thread.